So… 2020. Oh my, what a year. Talk about the full human experience! How’d you do?
It’s been a year of challenges but I’m willing to bet you found some gifts too.
Before I work on my vision for this new year, I thought I’d take some time to celebrate the ‘right things’ of 2020 and list them as I go below….starting now.
Grab a piece of paper and a pen, start a blog or IG post, or list a few highlights in the comments below. Inner Circle members, I started a thread for us in the Circle to share our wins over there.
My 20 right-things in 2020. (AKA a list of 20 things I’m most proud of this year.)
- I found my faith again. (or It found me) It was March. I was walking Ben when God tapped me on the shoulder and invited me to get to know HIM again. ♡ Grateful beyond.
- After the initial shock of COVID, I stepped up and created content and classes that pulled people away from bingeing the news to practicing their creativity again.
- I got outta my lululemons and back into my jeans again. No small feat … cause seriously, lululemon pants are amazing. (more about this here.)
- I hosted 45+ LIVE zoom sessions with beautiful creatives around the world and 83 – 1:1 zoom calls too
- I turned my stinking-thinking around. For a good part of this past year, I’d forgotten how powerful keeping my thoughts in check can be. But, (as Xanthe likes to say) ‘she’s back’! I really am. So grateful for that.
- I started to print my work. Thanks to the Circle and all the beautiful members who jumped on the Tango-train too. If you don’t know about the magic of the Hp Tango, you gotta check it out. It’s life-changing.
- Didn’t give up through some very challenging things. I’m willing to bet you can say this too!
- I was able to support my mom through a cancer scare with a miracle outcome.
- Watched my boys become friends. Another miracle I wasn’t sure could ever come true.
- Watched in wonder as Bryce graduated with honors from University, received a scholarship to a prestigious US seminary school, moved to a small town as a summer pastor then stayed on as an associate pastor while doing seminary online (due to the pandemic). I’m continually in awe of the miracles God has performed in my boys lives.
- Partnered with Design Cuts. One of the best decisions EVER.
- Guest taught 2 Design Cuts LIVE sessions. So fun.
- Followed a whisper to launch the Inner Circle membership and discovered just how vital community is for us all (now more than ever).
- fell in love with Photoshop all over again. Mind-blown.
- Designed 75+ new textures and shared them with my community.
- set-up a brand new classroom site and community space for the Inner Circle (and my other classes coming soon) all by myself.
- walked 3 650 000+ steps.
- took a very long (and much needed) break from Instagram, and returned with a much healthier perspective.
- found my way back to my daily writing practice. why oh why did I stop that? : )
- rediscovered my artsy/crafty side in a whole new and next-level way.
I’ll be back to add this list as I go.
It’s truly ok to celebrate YOU. Join me and let’s celebrate our successes together?
Happy other-side of Christmas friends.
with love & gratitude.
processed in Lightroom with the exclusive preset collection (still in the works but coming soon).
Taken with the Nikon d850 and Sigma ART 50mm lens.
Pin for Later