Every breath is life...
Why essential oils?
When I love something...I just have to share....and my oh my... I love essential oils.
A year or so ago… I discovered the magical world of essential oils.
At first… I simply 'needed' the scent of pure lavender in my life.
(I seriously love lavender).
What followed...gradual...but so unexpected.
I had no idea how powerful the essential oils could be.
Last summer… life…(as it sometimes does)… happened…
My husband has been on a long and winding cancer journey.
In 2013 he was diagnosed with Leukaemia and was given a second chance through a stem-cell transplant.
Fast forward...almost 5 years later ...he’s still in remission.
Unfortunately .... last year he developed Graft vs Host disease. (a risk of a stem-cell transplant).
Graft vs Host (in a nutshell}
your body begins to reject the donor stem-cells.
For John...the result…
small sores on his left lower leg…that grew into larger sores…
Despite amazing doctors
special creams, twice daily dressing changes, hospital care…. trial treatments...and more....
they were unable to stop the progression.
This past December he had an emergency leg amputation to prevent the infection from spreading into his blood system.
For me...the oils... my lifeline...
deep breaths of lavender... in and out and repeat.
After many months in hospital, then the amputation, we were finally home.
The plan…stay healthy….
wait for John's leg to heal ...move forward with a prosthetic.
Graft vs Host is tricky business.
They treat it with immune-suppressing steroids (to stop the rejection) but this creates an immune compromised system.
(Can you say complicated?)
Anyhow .... once back home, I made it a point to diffuse immune boosting oils in John's room every night.
(I'm not sure why, but I skipped diffusing it for me. so silly.)
I have had 2 nasty colds *lasting way too long) and the stomach flu.
Here I was in the same home...cooking and caring for John and...He didn't catch a sniffle!
And so….from there...I became what some might call obsessed. (but I think passionate sounds better...I started diffusing OnGuard doTERRA's immune boosting oil for me too.)
I can’t help but wonder how life may have been with oils earlier in our life...
(I know they could have helped our son with his anxiety and me with the stress and concern of his teen years.)
I want everyone to have these oils... and stat.
Please don't wait for disaster...
having a healthy life plan in place... pre-setbacks...
First a doTERRA customer, now...all in.... as a Wellness Advocate ….
I'm truly a believer.
I know it seems a bit magic-potion... but...
these pure, amazing oils...are just that... Magic.
Mood enhancing, sleep inducing, immune boosting....
dry skin, bug bites, pain relief...runny nose, sore throat...
healthy home cleaning...
and on it goes.
It seems like there's (almost) and oil for all.
It's important that you use ONLY pure, therapeutic grade essential oils...sourced around the world, where they grow abundantly and in their natural environment.
This is where the magic lies.
Other Oil-y Changes We've Made
We diffuse in all the main rooms of our home, purifying the air.
Lifting our moody, calming anxiety, inspiring creativity.
It seems... there’s not an emotion these oils can’t shift.
Oh and...I didn't' see this coming...
we’ve cleaned up the toxins in our home and the studio, replacing the ‘nasty chemical things’ with natural (super effective) essential oil-infused products.
Most of which we make ourselves.
It’s so easy to do… like seriously EASY.
No more chemical based laundry soap or dryer sheets, no commercial cleaners...windex...toilet cleaner...(and on it goes)...
We now have…amazing… healthy, refreshing, pure….(way less costly) laundry soap, dish soap, foaming hand soap, glass cleaner, linen spray…. and MORE.
Seriously... it's super simple to do.
It’s almost hard to believe.
But… I'm an official…. believer…
So is John…
(who happens to be the skeptic of all skeptics.)
A Bit About doTerra & Why doTerra
doTERRA is the largest essential oil + wellness company in the world.
The essential oil quality, sourcing + culture that has been created through the wellness advocates is something you will not find anywhere else!
#1) The Co-Impact sourcing model: doTERRA sources globally and not only that - they work WITH the farmers there to create a better economy. This doesn't matter to everyone - but it did for me
#2) Their commitment to purity through the CPTG stamp: There is no governing body that enforces corporations like Walmart, Best Buy or NOW brand to be honest about what they're putting in their bottles. It's important that you research a company and understand what they stand for...and then if you try the oil and it aligns with what that company is saying - you have a great company.
When I discovered doTERRA I was immediately drawn to their presence. It’s almost hard to explain. A bit like coming home. I spent weeks and weeks researching the company and it’s incredible community.
I’m so glad I finally decided to take the leap... I’ve absolutely not looked back.
If you have any questions specific to the doTerra company please do reach out. I’m happy to help.
How to Get Started with doTERRA
There are a few options to help you get started using Essential Oils:
1. If you would like to have a one on one call to best learn how to use the oils for your specific needs, as well as learn how to order them at wholesale pricing and earn reward gifts (a little like frequent flyer points) please fill out the form below and I will be touch via email. (alternatively feel free to reach out on Instagram @kimklassen)
2. If you have a group of friends,family, co-workers that you think would like to learn more about the benefits of essential oils for their needs, please fill out the form below and I would be happy to talk to you about a virtual oil party. (yes! you can join the fun in your p.j's)
3. Or if you absoultely know what oils you would like to order and STAT, you can order them HERE (but first please take a minute to read your best options below).
Pay a one-time membership fee of $35 and order unlimited oils and products for 25% off for a full year.
The yearly membership renewal is $25, however you receive a free bottle of oil when you renew.
When choosing the $35 Introductory Welcome Packet you can create a custom order.
(so many possibilities and combinations)
Purchase any enrollment kit, your $35 membership is waived and you get an additional discount (over $150 on the Home Essentials kit).
Buying a starter/enrollment kit is the most cost-effective way to buy from doTERRA.
The Home Essentials Kit is an amazing starter kit. It includes all the oils you need to make the most of your oil experience. You get the top 10 oils and a diffuser. And you save BIG ordering this way.
Then as you continue to expand your collection you will ALWAYS get wholesale price (25% off).
how to join
- Click on this link – Purchase Your doTERRA Oils.
- Select your Language & Country of Residence.
- Select Local (OTG) Order (ie Cdn Warehouse, Cdn Dollars if applicable)
- Make sure “Wholesale Customer” is selected (not Wellness Advocate. If you’d like to do the business side then we can always move you to ‘Wellness Advocate’ down the track).
- Fill out the top of the application with your personal information…address, email etc. Please make sure your email address is correct as it is where all your log in details will be sent.
- My ID Number should automatically filter onto this page (6142768). Please click 'Verify ID' just to make sure that it's Kim Klassen
- Select either the Enrolment Kit you would like (and waive the member's fee) or choose your single oils and add your 'Welcome Introductory Packet’ for $35 (this is your membership).
- Select continue and you will be directed to the next page to input your credit card details. Complete this and submit your order!
- You will get a Success! invoice.
- Below that it will ask if you wish to setup a Loyalty Rewards Order - you can click on "No I'm done for now" and we can talk about this if you wish when we have your welcome call once you get your products.
- Upon successful submis
frequent oil faq's
If you’re new around here, my name is Kim Klassen.
I’m a still & lifestyle photographer...on a constant journey to make a better more grace-filled life.
I’ve been teaching classes online since 2010.
I love sharing what I'm passionate about.
This includes self-discovery, life-hacks and OILS.
I believe these amazing oils can change your life.
I'd love to help you along the way.