UPDATE: April 25th
Oye Vay… Adobe.
the ‘fix’ for the update has been released (Lightroom Classic 7.3.1)…but it is not without issues.
If you tried to install the updated collections I sent out last Friday and ran into trouble. Please follow the steps below.
I don’t know if this is an issue for all users. But it’s definitely an issue on my Mac in High Sierra.
After an hour on the phone with Adobe…and no luck on figuring it out…
I found a solution/work around.
Step by Step Install if the video below does not work.
- Update to Lr Classic 7.3.1 from your Creative Cloud application manager.
Open Lr. You will see a note that Adobe is updating your presets to XMP.
Check your presets.
If they are all perfectly sorted and in place, stop reading…and give thanks.
The update is designed to reorder the presets. It kinda sorta works.
If you notice a mess, double folders, missing presets. Read on.
- Once you receive the updated presets I will be sending out over the next few days, download the file.
Inside the file you will find the updated presets for Lr 7.3
- Inside Lr.
Navigate to the original Lr presets folder.
Lr preferences -> presets tab -> show Lr presets folder.
- Close Lightroom.
- From the Lightroom folder go to the develop presets folder.
Save a copy of the develop presets folder for backup and safe keeping.
Select the preset collection you wish to update and delete that folder.
- Open Lightroom.
In the preset panel right click on any user preset from any custom collection and select show in finder.
This will open the settings folder where the new XMP presets live.
- Close Lightroom again.
- Delete the collection insider the Settings folder (if you see 2 folders of the same collection delete both).
- Paste or copy the updated preset collection for Lr 7.3 into the settings folder.
- Open Lr. and they should be there.
Note: This is hopefully a temporary work around to get us through.
Installing Your Updated XMP Preset Collection in Lr 7.3
Over the next few days, I will be sending updated XMP collections to all of my preset customers.
What’s Inside The Updated and New-Release Preset Folders
Each folder includes 3 Folders
1. Lr 7.2 and earlier download folder. The originals lrtemplate version (note: if you are not using 7.3, zero action is required. Your presets are fine and do not need to be updated.)
2. Lr Classic 7.3 and later xmp download folder.
3. Lr CC 1.3 and later download folder.
Note: if you are not a Creative Could Lightroom user, please ignore this. Your presets do not need to be updated.
FAQ’s | I will add to this as Questions Come In
On Mac, this folder is: ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/Settings
On Windows: C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Settings
Please post your questions below. As always… thank you.
Up next…Installing your presets in Lr CC 1.3